Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Welcome Misty!

Let's make a toast (carrot juice) to Misty, our newest LAPS member! Misty celebrated the New Year by joining our group. She is 2 years and 2 months old and weighs a beautiful 3lbs. 1oz.

Miss Misty, you will like our first lady, President Daisy. She looks so much like you.

Update (January 12, 2008): Well, I've been earning my frequent flyer points. I just returned from visiting Misty, our newest member. Misty was busy eating when I visited but I had a nice chat with her Mommy slave, Carole. This is what Carole had to say.

"Misty is the daughter of my beloved Spikey. Spikey was my first pig. He was so tame. He loved being stroked. He was the king of the garden. So I wanted to carry on his chain. He spent a few weeks with my friend's piggie and 2 months later along came Spikey Junior and Misty. Spikey Junior was just like his dad. I adored him. Misty is very shy. She doesn't like people or other pigs much. Unfortunately Spikey Junior died at 2. I was heart broken as I wanted to continue the chain again."

I have to agree that Misty is either super shy or very hungry. She ate the entire time I was there. The only time I heard a peep out of her was when her younger sibling, Fluffball, visited Misty in her house. Whew! You should have heard the loud squeak Misty emitted. Apparently, she doesn't like other piggies messing with her food. Her Mommy Carole thinks that she may have the loudest squeak in the world. At the next Pig Olympics, we'll have to put her to the test.

When I asked Carole if Misty ate like a pig all of the time. She replied "Yes. As for eating, she eats everything. I wouldn't trust her with my hand."

Well Misty, I think you're going to fit in fine with us LAPS members. Welcome to the group!

No comments: